Knee Pain & Runner’s Knee Pain Treatment North Adelaide, 5006
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Chondromalacia Patella
- Do you get pain when you play sports or jog
- Does going up stairs hurt your knees?
- Does it even ache by simply sitting with your knees bent?
‘Runner’s Knee’ or medically called Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Chondromalacia Patella is the number 1 most common injury we see at SA Running Injury Clinic.
This condition is inflammation caused by mistracking of the knee cap. This mistracking results in irritation against the underlying thigh and shin bone.
Causes of Runner's Knee Pain
This mistracking and subsequent inflammation to the underlying structures is caused by:
- Weak inner thigh, hip and gluteal (buttock) muscles
- Tight outer thigh, hamstring and calf muscles
- Feet rolls in/flat feet (pronation)
- Previous lower back or pelvic injury
- Poor running footwear choices
- Poor running technique
- Excessive hill/stair use
How to Effectively Treat Runner's Knee?
Runner's Knee often puts you out of training for an extended period of time. This condition can cause you a lot of grief. Treating it without delay can prevent its progression. Many of our patients experience pain at the front of the knee that worsens as they continue running or playing sport to the point where they can’t keep going anymore. It will be a major issue and will ruin your sporting plan’s if you don’t act early.
At SA Running Injury Clinic we have a 7 part program:
- Stretching / Massage / Dry Needling regime for those tight muscles
- Strengthening Program for those weak muscles
- Assess previous lower back / pelvic injury
- Address any poor foot biomechanics (walking, running) patterns with custom orthotics
- Advise of specific sneaker models appropriate to your specific foot profile
- Gait Retraining and Improvement of your Running Technique
- Modify Your Running/Training Program
Manage your Knee Pain with SA Running Injury Clinic
You can book an appointment at SA Running Injury Clinic Online or over the phone. Please note we have two clinics.
Call SA Running Injury Clinic, North Adelaide : 8239 1022
Call SA Running Injury Clinic, Eastwood : 8357 0700