Treating ITB Friction Syndrome
ITBFS can be a serious problem for you and can put you months behind in your training. It’s a nasty condition and one that needs to be treated fast once it presents or ideally prevented in the first place. Often our patients report they are running for a few kilometers or hit half-time in a game and that outside knee pain builds up and they can’t keep going anymore. It will be a major issue and will ruin your training plans if you don’t act early.
At SA Running Injury Clinic we have a 7 part program:
- Stretching / Massage / Dry Needling regime for those tight muscles
- Strengthening Program for those weak muscles
- Assess previous lower back / pelvic injury
- Address any poor foot biomechanics (walking, running) patterns with custom orthotics
- Advise of specific sneaker models appropriate to your specific foot profile
- Gait Retraining and Improvement Running Technique
- Modify Your Running/Training Program
SA Running Injury Clinic treats ITBFS in the North Adelaide and Eastwood area.