ACHILLES TENDONITIS TREATMENT ADELAIDE
Inflammation or degeneration caused by excessive stretching/ overuse of the Achilles tendon.
The Achilles tendon is an extension of the calf muscles that attaches into the back of the heel bone. It is the largest tendon in the body.
- Stiff ache when getting out of bed
- Stiff ache warming up and cooling down after exercise
- Ache at end of the day
- Swollen/ thickened lump in the Achilles
- Poor foot function; flattening of arch
- Poor/ soft footwear
- Tight calf muscle
- Increase in sporting activity with poor training methods/ techniques
- Achilles stretching, strengthening and icing
- Radial Shockwave Therapy
- Address biomechanics (shoes/ orthotics)
- Modify training
SA Running Injury Clinic proudly offer care for Achilles Tendinitis to Adelaide residents and including Glenside, Toorak Gardens, Norwood, Parkside, Prospect and Walkerville.
Call SA Running Injury Clinic, North Adelaide : 8239 1022
Call SA Running Injury Clinic, Eastwood : 8357 0700